ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE FOR MOBILITY AND SMART TRAFFIC
White paper: Download Here
- AI for mobility and smart traffic is one of the fastest emerging innovation and patent frontier within AI.
- Patent applications have doubled 2016-2018, and will reach about 2000 in 2018.
- Patent races are evident and highly likely to increase in the near future.
- Competition between traditional car makers and software firms in intensifying.
- Google and Amazon pose serious technology threat to car makers.
- Japanese car firms are top innovators.
- European effort is at best modest.
- Key technologies show strong dynamism.
- Growth curve of critical technologies differs strikingly.
- Computer vision to read traffic signs is a largest key technology, and is high growth area.
- Autonomous cruise control is second largest, and also increasing fast.
- Smart Anti-collision systems has emeged recently, and is likely to increase in the near future.
- Technological diversity is high in AI for mobility and smart traffic.