MICROSOFT, GOOGLE AND AMAZON PATENTING STRATEGY 2009-2018.
The technology and patent strategies of the leading software giants are are converging, Teqmine’s analysis of their patents show. We run over 60 000 of their USPTO full-text patent applications through Teqmine AI to analyze in their their strategic growth areas and differences.
- The patenting strategies of Microsoft, Google and Google are significantly converging.
- Patent and technology race between them is intensifying, but they share defense against other firms.
- Their overall patenting volume shows moderate decline.
- Strategic technology areas show clear increase in patenting volume.
- Amazon has built significant lead in cloud computing related technologies & patenting.
- They are all venturing into mobility and sensors.
Download full report: Microsoft_Amazon_Google_patenting_strategy_analysis_by_TEQMINE